For Original MegaMouth® reels: Ensure your bowfishing adventures go uninterrupted by keeping extra line onboard your boat. This custom line spool is specifically designed for the original MegaMouth® reels and comes pre-wound with the line you need. Simply swap out your old spool, reassemble the reel, and you’ll be fully equipped to continue shooting fish. Please note that this line spool is not compatible with the v2.0 MegaMouth® reels.
It’s easy to determine the compatibility of your reel. Original MegaMouth® reels do not have a “2.0” marking near the logo on the outer cone. If the cone is unmarked, it can be considered an original model. Alternatively, you can remove the front assembly and inspect the bearing. A brass bearing indicates a v2.0 reel, while a steel and black bearing indicate the original MegaMouth® reel.
- Remove the hex set torque rod by loosening the thumb screws on the front of the picatinny tube and pull torque rod out.
- Twist cone counterclockwise and pull to remove.
- Unthread front end cap nut counterclockwise.
- Pull off the front line deflector being careful to retain all 3 springs.
- Remove the front transmission e-clip by hand or with a pliers.
- Pull off the rear line deflector.
- Remove the entire spool of line and bearing.
- Remove the old bearing from the old line spool and reuse.
- Insert old bearing into new line spool.
- Install new line spool with the grooved bottom side down and the smooth surface up.